Contactless covers a wide array of different applications. The most common technologies are NFC, RFID and Mifare. The products we integrate are compatible with NFC, RFID and Mifare applications.
NFC (Near field communication) enables two devices to communicate by bringing them within 10cm or 4 inches of each other. NFC devices can be associated with apps, for example Apple Pay, which allows for payments to be made when connected with an NFC compliant device.
Mifare is the series of chips widely used in contactless smart cards and proximity cards. Most commonly used with Oyster cards and automated fare collection systems, they are also suitable for access management, loyalty cards and micropayment.
RFID (Radio frequency identification) is where electromagnetic fields transfer data to identify or track tags attached to objects. RFID devices are most commonly used in industrial situations for tagging large shipments or deliveries.
Some of the ways in which contactless devices can be applied are;
- Electronic wallet
- Access control
- Clocking in (uniquely programmed)
- Network Security
- Industrial tracking
- Public transport payment
- Automated fare collection system
- Loyalty cards
- ID cards
- Road tolling
- Hotel room key cards
- Social welfare
- Medical information
The contactless readers we integrate within our tablet enclosures are of a high standard and are specialists in their field. The manufacturers and products listed below are sized and compatible with our tablet kiosks and iPad enclosures and are compatible with NFC, RFID and Mifare.
Advanced Card Systems Holdings Limited (ACS)
ACR122U USB NFC Reader
- Operating distance from 50 mm (dependant on the tag type)
- Access speed of up to 424 kbps and a full USB speed of up to 12 Mbps
- Operating frequency 13.56MHz
- USB interface full speed
- Peripherals: User-controllable bi-color LED; User-controllable buzzer
- Supports Android™ OS 3.1 and above
Contactless reader with CCID and keyboard wedge interface
- Security – Enhanced system security supporting low and high frequency credentials including HID Prox ®, Indala Prox, MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, iCLASS®, and iCLASS SE.
- Ease of use – Straightforward utilization of existing access control credentials for PC login in both CCID and Key Wedge operation modes.
- CCID Support – Eliminates the need to install drivers on standard operating systems.
- Keyboard Wedge support – Retrieves data from a card and presents the information directly to any application by emulating keyboard strokes.
- Flexibility – Numerous accessories and mounting options are available.